Digital Transformation in Higher Education with a Focus on Teacher Education
The ongoing Covid pandemic continues to challenge the educational sector: Digitalized teaching and the development of digital competence is more necessary than ever. Thus,
- the Center for Teacher Education at University of Münster
- the School of Vocational Education at University of Applied Sciences Münster and
- the School of Education at Saxion University of Applied Sciences
as the leading institutions in teacher education in the border region of Euregio have come together under the guidance of DNL-contact to foster the transboundary implementation of digital media in education. During the first network meeting in October 2020, the focus lay on evaluating the status quo across the regions. The second meeting in March 2021 was dedicated to the role of digitalization in schools.
Now, the third network meeting will examine digitalized teaching and the development of digital competence in Higher Education with a special focus on teacher education. The cross-border exchange between the Netherlands and Germany that will take place on June 8 will give an impetus on how to set up digitalized teaching in Higher Education and how to foster future teachers' digital competences. Following the procedure of a SWOT analysis, students and teaching staff will discuss the following questions in small expert groups:
- Strengths: What features of digitalized teaching and the development of digital competence should be continued after the pandemic?
- Weaknesses: What aspects of digitalized teaching and the development of digital competence should get improved or extended?
- Opportunities: What is groundbreaking for the future of teaching in Higher Education?
- Threats: What should be changed or omitted in the future?
The exchange is primarily for students and teachers in Higher Education engaged in teacher education. If you are interested in taking part, please register by May 25, 2021 (see link below). We kindly ask for your understanding that in order to ensure a mix of experts within the groups, we might have to restrict the number of participants. We will notify you whether your application has been successful by May 28.
Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Weitere Informationen und die Möglichkeit zum Widerruf finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.