Integrative Health and Lifestyle Medicine": (Part I) A training of basic principals of integrative health and lifestyle medicine (ONLINE)27. Oktober 2022 - 28. Oktober 2022
Functional medicine, holistic health, integrative medicine, individual health Behavioral Medicine. Even though the terminology is still stemming and debatable, however; it is urgently necessary to engage individual and communities as agents of change in the implementation of lifestyle medicine.
The goal of this course is to address the rising demand in healthcare toward more lifestyle-based and holistic therapies. Participants gain knowledge of numerous areas of integrative therapies and lifestyle medicine via the course. This first part will provide a framework for understanding the importance and need of integrative health and lifestyle medicine in today’s world. By the end of the course, you will be able to assess the vital role of integrative health and lifestyle medicine in our lives, as well as educate patients and colleagues about benefits and risks. You will be understanding of some of the challenges of research in this area, and able to identify reliable sources of evidence-based information. You will leave with the skills to introduce and implement integrative therapies and LM in your work or other setting.
- Introduction of Integrative health and lifestyle medicine.
- Identifying major components of Integrative health and lifestyle medicine.
- Understand the role of integrative health and lifestyle medicine in combating Chronic diseases.
- Learn “Food as medicine” concept.
- How to introduce lifestyle medicine in primary care.
- Role of physician and coaches in revitalizing the health system through lifestyle medicine
- Learn the skills and tools of Health Coaching and Motivational Interviewing.
- Work on cases in role play
Specialists from health and social professions, in particular graduates of nutrition department.
The training takes place via Zoom. Participation is also possible without downloading the program. The account runs through Münster University of Applied Sciences.
For trouble-free participation, you need a stable Internet connection as well as a device (PC or laptop) with camera. We do not recommend the use of a tablet, as the presentations are not optimal. In addition, if you use a business laptop, etc., we recommend that you check in advance whether the app is approved.
Recommended, but not required is the use of a headset with microphone.
|Rahmendaten der Veranstaltung|
|Veranstalter:||Münster University of Applied Sciences|
|Teilnahmehinweise:||Download der Teilnahmehinweise|
- Prof. Dr Heike Englert Münster, University of Applied Sciences, Department of Oecotrophologie.
- Sarah Husain M.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Applied Sciences, Department of Oecotrophologie;
- Vibha Khare HOD, Sant Hirdaram Girls College, Department of Food and Nutrition.
- Sarah Husain M.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Applied Sciences, Department of Oecotrophologie
- Fachhochschulzentrum (FHZ)
- Raum: ONLINE Zoom 48149 Münster. Room: The zoom access is sent about 1 week before the start
|27. Oktober 2022||10:00 - 17:00 Uhr|
|28. Oktober 2022||10:00 - 15:00 Uhr|