How can I enroll at the University of Applied Sciences Münster?

To enroll and register you will work both with the Office for International Studies at the Münster School of Business as well as our central International Office. If you are from a partner university, you first need to be nominated from your home university.  The next step is to register through our central International Office. If you are a freemover from a non-partner university, you can directly register with the central International Office.

How can I choose and register for classes at the Münster School of Business?

Before you arrive in Münser, you will work closely with the Office for International Studies (OfIS) located at the Münster School of Business to choose your courses and to complete your learning agreement.

Here you find our study programme for international students.

What do I need to do when I arrive in Münster?

After your arrival in Münster, "Welcome Tutors" at the International Office of the FH Münster will offer support with the registration process. For this process, you will need the following documents: a copy of your ID card/passport and the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Once you have received notification from the International Office, they complete an online form and upload the aforementioned documents. After the International Office has reviewed these documents, a request for payment of the semester fee will be uploaded onto the site. This fee must be paid before the student ID and semester ticket can be issued. The student ID and semester ticket will be kept at the International Office ready for collection when you arrive in Münster. Please note that the fee paid is not a tuition fee but a contribution to the central students' organisation and social fee that also provides the semester ticket for free public transport in the region up to Enschede in the Netherlands. If there are any changes that need to be made to your learning agreement, you will need to contact the Office for International Studies located at the Münster School of Business.

How do I register for courses and for exams?

Generally there is no need to register for courses. Students just need to go to the first lesson. If you need to register for a course, then you will see the term "Belegpflicht" in LSF. You will need to register for exams by going to the LSF roughly four weeks after classes begin. A personal login will be required. International students need to register with "Zeugnis/Zertifikat Business Administration (year)." This is because international students have a few extra courses (such as language courses) that are not available for regular students. Please note: if you miss the registration deadline, you will not be able register for exams anymore. Furthermore, if you want to withdraw from an exam, you will have to do that within a certain deadline during the semester.

At the start of the semester, "Come Together" tutors or Nick Langer will explain to you the register process and will help you to register for your exams.

What support will I receive from the Münster School of Business?

In addition to the support from the Welcome Tutors at the International Office, you will also receive support from students in our "Come Together" team. They will give you support with academic matters related to your studies of Business Administration and they also run our Buddy Programme in which every international student ideally has one of our regular students as a buddy.

All administrative issues are done by the OfIS team of the Münster School of Business.

How can I learn German?

You can attend German courses offered at the Münster School of Business. These courses are integrated into your study programme and should be your priority choice. If interested, you can also choose to take additional German classes offered by our central International Office as part of our FHIRST activities.

How can I find accomodation?

There are several possibilities for international students to find accommodation in Münster. You may apply for a room or apartment in one of the residencies of the Student Support Services (Studierendenwerk Münster).

What is the semester ticket?

All students have to pay the semester fee for each semester. This include the fee for a semester ticket. This ticket allows you to use all local public transport in Münster and the whole of North-Rhine Westphalia free of charge (second class only). Excluded are all long distance trains.

Where can I do sports?

University Sports in Münster enables approximately 20,000 students every week. Here you will find around 120 different types of sports activities plus sports tours and tournaments.

Where can I find more tips for organizing my stay in Münster?

The central International Office has prepared practical tips for your organizing your stay in Münster and for getting the most out of your studies at the FH Münster.

Our examination board FAQs

If you have any questions concerning the rules and regulations of recognition of achievements, enrolment for an examination and so on, please take a look at the FAQs of our examination board.
Seite drucken