What is it?
Before going to the US, the group will complete "Schlüsselkompetenzen: Kommunikation & Präsentation". This is a required course for all students in "BA Betriebswirtschaftlehre" and focuses on presentations skills, communication skills and team-work. By taking part in this course, the group will have a chance to get to know each other before travelling to the US. This course will take place in February or March 2017. In the United States students will complete the "Aufbaumodul Business English Communication" as an intensive course. Students will receive credits for both courses.
Who can attend?
- Only students in "BA Betriebswirtschaft" who are currently in their first or second semester.
- Interested students should complete the application form (see below).
- Applicants will have to complete the placement test before they apply. Students with 80 points or more, can directly do the Summer School program. Students with less than 80 points will have to do the Refresher Course beforehand and pass the course with a 2,3 or better.
Where does it take place?
The university is located in Morgantown, WV. By taking part in the English lessons at the university, students can experience what it is like to study in the US and have the opportunity to meet US American students.
What are you going to do there?
- English lessons
- Sit on lectures from university professors
- Get to know the School of Business at WVU
- Take part in a team building exercise by attending the Rope Course located at WVU.
- Other activities include a picnic at Cooper's Rock, a Pool Party, Beach Volleyball game and a Bonfire
In the past, students have travelled to Canada, Washington DC, and Pittsburgh on the weekends. Furthermore students have also enjoyed activities such as shopping, white water rafting and of course the American food!
A typical day
To complete the English course in three weeks requires of course a lot of hard work. Lessons are typically in the morning and then students spend 1-2 hours in the afternoon completing assignments and preparing for the exam. There is however plenty of time to go out and enjoy the student life-style at WVU. It is a great opportunity to meet US Americans and to improve your English skills.